Sunday, October 08, 2006

We started off the next day with a 1 and 1/2 hour taxi ride to the base of the Yellow Mountain. From here we began our journey from concrete step after concrete step. We climbed for two hours up the stairs with our backpacks. We finally reached a mid point where we took a cable car up to another look out point.

We saw a couple people utilizing this easy way up the Mt. Easy for the passenger not the carriers. I have to admit it did cross my mind to hop on one of these during our six hour hike back down the mountain.

There were a number of men hauling massive amounts of cargo up and down the mountain. I don't know how they do it, I had a hard enough time carrying my own self up and down. (I think someone should have told them there was a cable car on the other side of the mt.) Notice his calf muscles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home