Thursday, August 17, 2006

This is my classroom. It has been a lot of work setting up a Kindergarten classroom. It is not like a third grade room. I don't have a lot of materials for Kindergarten so I've been working away cutting and pasting trying to get prepared for the little muchkins to arrive next week. Our parent open house is tomorrow afternoon so hopefully it will be presentable by then.
This is my assistant teacher Judith. She is from the Philippines. She has been so helpful and creative in helping me set up. I am looking forward to working with her this year.
Calendar time: also very different from third grade. We devote about a half hour every morning to go over the calendar, days of the week, months, weather, and counting the days of school (when you get to one hundred days it is a huge celebration and project).
Our class is the Toucans (since the school is in the zoo every class has an animal) our calendar pieces are toucans with numbers on them. I told you my assistant was creative!

1 Comments:

Blogger I am not your child's personal assisstant said...

how cute! you will be such a great kinder teacher!!! your room is super cute! it's always nice to have a student teacher! fabulous!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home